A classic New York style dark rye sourdough made with the Red Branch natural yeast starter, rye flour, caraway seeds and is long fermented for 12 hours. It's the perfect sandwich roll.
Sold by the half dozen.
- For a softer crust, store in plastic
- For a crunchy crust, store in paper
- Try slicing and freezing to keep fresh longer
About This Product:
- The product is dairy-free
- Ingredients: unbleached all purpose flour; whole wheat flour; water; dark rye flour; natural yeast starter (all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, water); molasses; salt; caraway seeds.
I love sour dough and I love rye. This combination is so good!
both loaf and minis are always good.
The comment above is still true except we had rolls!!
I was beyond pleased with my first experience ordering baked goods from Red Branch Bakery. Online ordering and curbside pick-up were easy as could be, and Kelly is delightful. She let me know about the best ways to store things etc while social distancing and mask-wearing during pick up. The Ono Pineapple bread is beyond yummy and was gone in a flash. We highly recommend the mini rye sourdough loaves… perfect for sandwiches. And the beer mustard is exceptional. I’ll be back! Plus, I’m spreading the word.